Italian-Style Beef and Tomato Meatloaf: A Flavorful Twist on a Classic Dish
– 1 ½ pounds ground beef
– 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 cup tomato sauce
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, eggs, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a greased baking dish.
4. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
5. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations:
– For a twist on the classic meatloaf, add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers to the mixture.
– If you prefer a spicier flavor, add some crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the meatloaf mixture.
– Serve the meatloaf with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
– Leftover meatloaf can be sliced and used for sandwiches or reheated and served with pasta for a quick and delicious meal.
– Meatloaf is a classic comfort food in Italian cuisine, often enjoyed with family and friends during gatherings and celebrations.
– Italian-style meatloaf typically incorporates herbs and spices commonly used in Italian cooking, such as oregano and basil, to enhance the flavor.
– The use of tomato sauce in the meatloaf mixture adds moisture and a hint of tanginess to the dish.
A Delicious Twist on a Classic Dish
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of Italian cuisine with this unique and flavorful twist on a classic meatloaf recipe. This Italian-style beef and tomato meatloaf is sure to satisfy your taste buds and impress your dinner guests with its rich and savory taste.
Infusing Italian Flavors into Every Bite
In this recipe, traditional meatloaf ingredients are combined with a medley of Italian-inspired herbs and spices to create a tantalizing blend of flavors. The addition of sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and basil brings a burst of freshness to the dish, while the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage adds a hearty and satisfying texture.
A Perfect Harmony of Texture and Taste
What sets this Italian-style meatloaf apart is its perfect balance of texture and taste. The ground beef and Italian sausage mixture creates a moist and tender meatloaf that is packed with flavor. The addition of breadcrumbs and eggs helps to bind the ingredients together, resulting in a perfectly moist and sliceable meatloaf that holds its shape.
A Versatile Dish for Any Occasion
Whether you’re hosting a family dinner or entertaining guests, this Italian-style beef and tomato meatloaf is a versatile dish that suits any occasion. Serve it as the main course alongside roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes for a comforting weeknight dinner, or slice it up and serve it cold in sandwiches for a delicious lunch the next day.
Impress Your Guests with a Unique Twist
If you’re looking to elevate your meatloaf game, this Italian-style beef and tomato meatloaf is the perfect recipe to try. The infusion of Italian flavors and the perfect balance of texture and taste make it a standout dish that will leave your guests asking for the recipe. So, ditch the traditional meatloaf recipe and give this Italian twist a try – you won’t be disappointed!
In conclusion, this Italian-style beef and tomato meatloaf is a delightful twist on the traditional meatloaf recipe. The combination of ground beef, tangy tomato sauce, and aromatic herbs and spices creates a flavorful and satisfying dish that will please both meatloaf enthusiasts and Italian cuisine lovers alike. The addition of breadcrumbs and eggs ensures a moist and tender texture, while the generous portion of Parmesan cheese adds a subtle richness. This meatloaf is perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions, as it is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a sandwich filling. Give it a try and elevate your meatloaf game to a whole new level!
Q: Can I use a different type of ground meat for this recipe?
A: Absolutely! While this recipe calls for ground beef, you can easily substitute it with ground pork, turkey, or a mixture of different meats. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the meatloaf might vary slightly depending on the type of meat you choose.
Q: How can I make this meatloaf gluten-free?
A: To make this meatloaf gluten-free, simply replace the breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers. You can also use certified gluten-free oats as a substitute. Ensure that all other ingredients, such as Worcestershire sauce or any condiments you add, are also gluten-free.
Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
A: Absolutely! This meatloaf freezes well and can be enjoyed at a later time. Once the meatloaf has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw the meatloaf overnight in the refrigerator and then bake it in a preheated oven until heated through.
Q: Can I add vegetables to the meatloaf?
A: Of course! Feel free to add diced onions, bell peppers, or grated carrots to the meatloaf mixture for added flavor and texture. Just ensure that the vegetables are finely chopped or grated to avoid altering the cooking time and consistency of the meatloaf.
Remember, the key to a successful meatloaf is to experiment and make it your own. Enjoy the process of creating a delicious and hearty meal that can be enjoyed by family and friends.