Italian Almond Biscuits Recipe
Delicious and Easy-to-Make Italian Treats
Italian almond biscuits, also known as amaretti, are delightful treats that are perfect for any occasion. These sweet and chewy cookies are made with ground almonds and a touch of honey, giving them a unique flavor and texture. Whether you enjoy them with a cup of tea or as a dessert, these Italian biscuits are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 200g icing sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 egg whites
- Jam, crème patissière, or flaked almonds for filling
- Mix the icing sugar and ground almonds together.
- Add the honey and egg whites, and mix until you have a smooth and firm dough.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2 and lightly grease two baking trays.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces.
- Dust a work surface with icing sugar and roll each piece of dough into a rough sausage shape.
- Slice each sausage into 8-10 equal pieces.
- Lay these rounds of dough on the prepared baking trays.
- Gently press your thumb into the center of each round to create an indent.
- Fill the indents with a little jam, crème patissière, or flaked almonds.
- Bake the biscuits for around 15 minutes.
- To test if the biscuits are ready, take the trays out of the oven and tap them lightly on a work surface.
- The biscuits should release themselves from the trays.
- Leave the biscuits to cool.
These Italian almond biscuits are a delightful treat that can be enjoyed on their own or paired with a hot beverage. Their chewy texture and nutty flavor make them a favorite among cookie lovers. So why not try making these delightful amaretti biscuits and indulge in a taste of Italy?