These delicious bites couldn't be easier to make, and an added bonus is that they keep well, too. You can buy good quality, already grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or make your own in the food processor (cut the cheese into smaller chunks), but don't even think of getting one of those green canisters!
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted pistachios
- a large nonstick baking sheet or nonstick baking liner such as silpat (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Place silpat on a large baking sheet, or if not using a silpat or nonstick baking sheet, line a large baking sheet with parchment. Put rounded teaspoons of cheese 2 inches apart on baking sheets and spread each into a 1 1/2 inch circle.
- Sprinkle each round lightly with chopped pistachios (about 1/8 teaspoon for each) and bake until just golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let crisps cool on sheet 1 minute then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Bake more crisps in same manner on cooled sheet, wiping nonstick or silpat in between batches (if using), or replacing parchment with each new batch.
- Carbohydrates0 g(0%)
- Fat1 g(1%)
- Protein1 g(2%)
- Saturated Fat0 g(2%)
- Sodium33 mg(1%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Fiber0 g(0%)
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol2 mg(1%)